TEMPORARY WORK VISAS
Short Stay Activity
The Temporary Work Short Stay Activity Visa is designed for persons who would like to travel to Australia for up to 3 months to participate in non-ongoing work, do short-term, highly specialized work or participate in activity relating to Australia’s interest. You must be outside of Australia at the time of application and when the application is decided. It is possible to bring your family members by including them in your visa application.
Long Stay Activity
The Temporary Work Long Stay Activity Visa is designed for persons who would like to travel to Australia for a maximum of 2 years under one of the following streams:
- Exchange Stream: This visa allows the holder to work in a skilled position under a reciprocal staff exchange arrangement
- Sport Stream: This visa allows the holder to participate in high level competition with Australia residents to participate in specific events, play or coach for a sporting club or judge a sporting competition
- Religious Worker Stream: This visa allows the holder to be a full-time religious worker, serving the religious objectives of a religious institution
- Domestic Worker (executive stream): This visa allows the holder to work full-time in the household of certain foreign executives
The application process involves three stages. The government agency or organization applies to become a long-stay activity sponsor. Once the application is granted, the long-stay activity sponsor nominates you to undertake an activity. You may then apply for a Temporary Work Long Stay Activity.
The Temporary Work International Relations Visa is designed for persons who would like to travel to Australia for a maximum of 2 years under one of the following streams:
- Government Agreement Stream: holders of this visa may be able travel to Australia under the terms of a bilateral agreement between Australia and another country
- Foreign Government Agency Stream: only representatives of a foreign country or persons who is to be employed as a foreign language teacher by a foreign government in an Australian school may apply for this visa
- Domestic Worker Stream: this visa allows the holder to do domestic housework in the household of someone who holds a Diplomatic Visa
- Privileges and Immunities Stream: only a person with privileges and immunities under certain legislation may apply for this visa
Contact one of our Experienced Immigration Solicitors and Registered Migration Agents to assess whether you are eligible for any of the above visas. You may also be eligible to bring your family under any of the above visas. We can you help you include your family in your application to ensure that you can be united with them in Australia.